ECE- Early Childhood Education for the holistic development 2.5yrs to 6yr olds.
A blend of Montessori and blended learning with an Inquiry based learning approach.
- Brain Gym Activities are practiced with the students for stimulation of brain, particularly the functioning of the frontal lobes.
- Cross Crawl
- Number 8
- Draw with non-dominant hand
- Brain Buttons
- Hook ups
- Memory games
- Nesting and block pattern toys
-gross motor skills increase in speed and balance,
-fine motor dexterity gets more refined
-more coordination is taking place
-spatial skills develop
.Physical development program includes:
- Obstacles Courses
- Bodily Kinesthetic
- Adventure Playground
- Play gym and Treasure hunts
- Balancing beams
- Sand pit
Emotional / Social Factors
- Promotes social development through respectful, clear communication and safe, natural consequences
- Circle time/Conversation and Interaction at the beginning of the day.
- Develops the sense of belonging (Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs)
- Communication, language, and literacy
- Making class projects collectively on a particular topic
- Open Exploratory environment to the physical world with outdoor play, nature and gardening.
- Value education/,oral stories
- Sequencing the story
DPSS is a proposed CBSE curriculum school.