ASSESSMENT POLICY FOR PLAY GROUP – PREP
The academic year is divided into three terms and each term has one term end recaps and assessment reports will be generated. Each assessment report is based on the continuous evaluation based on class activities, worksheets and assignments on day to day basis.
ASSESSMENT POLICY FOR CLASSES I to VI
- Regular PERIODIC ASSESSMENT (PA) shall be conducted on Fridays as scheduled in the Almanac. Each term shall have Two rounds of PAs. Maximum Marks: 20
- The HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION and ANNUAL EXAMINATION will be held in the month of September/ February as scheduled. Maximum Marks:80
- Term Wise Weightage:
|Term II||Term II|
|Periodic Assessment||10 %||10 %|
|Notebook submission||5 %||5 %|
|Subject Enrichment Activities||5 %||5 %|
|Term Examination||80 %||80%|
|Total||100 Marks||100 Marks|
- The grading scale for scholastic shall be done on the basis of 8 points grading scale.
- The Co scholastic areas shall be graded as per 3 point grading scale
|THREE POINT GRADING SCALE CO-SCHOLASTIC AREA|
- Syllabus :-
- The syllabus of Periodic Assessment shall cover the portion covered in the respective Assessment.
- The complete syllabus covered in Term I and Term II shall be assessed in Half Yearly and Annual Examination respectively.
Term 1- Syllabus covered up to Term I
Term-2: 10% of Term I covering significant topics + full syllabus of Term II
- As per CBSE, students have to secure 33% marks out of maximum marks of respective subject to be eligible to qualify the examination and subsequently be promoted to the next class.
- In order to be declared as having passed the examination, a candidate shall obtain a grade higher than E (i.e. atleast 33% marks) in all the five subjects of external examinations in the main or at the compartment examinations. The pass marks in each subject of external examination shall be 33%. In case of a subject involving practical work a candidate must obtain 33% marks in theory and 33% marks in practical separately in addition to 33% marks in aggregate in order to qualify in that subject.
APPEARING ALL EXAMS IS MANDATORY
- If any exam is shifted from the scheduled dates due to any unforeseen circumstances then it will be mandatory for all to follow the changed as per given instructions and no application / excuse for any reason will be entertained for the same.
- In genuine cases of absence during examination the Principal will decide on the merit of each case. Decision relating promotion of such cases will be at the sole discretion of the Principal (based on the excellence in academics and attendance).
- The Medical Certificate in case of Medical Leave should be submitted to school within one week.