Schedule for the year
The Academic year is divided into two terms for the purpose of assessment.
First Term-April to Sept and Second Term Sept to March. The session begins in Late March / Early April and closes for summer vacation by April 15th. It reopens after the summer vacation by June 2nd week.
For Kindergarten continuous comprehensive evaluations shall be conducted every month on the portions covered. The concept covered every week shall be evaluated every week by way of assessments every week.
Parent teacher meeting shall be scheduled every alternate month formally. However the parent may feel free to approach the school any day through the center head in case they have any issued / concerns/ suggestions/ Questions.
Tentative Holiday list is enclosed here based on local requirements. If any of the major festivals or national holidays are on Sundays, they have not been mentioned here. Since many major festivals have come on Sunday this year some not so important days are given as holidays to ensure the minimum holidays are given and they are often clubbed with the main festivals. This is based on the state govt. declared holidays. Changes to this if any shall be communicated from time to time.
Class I – V
As per the CBSE recommended system of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, the session will be spread over two semesters:
Term I: March – September
Term II: October – February
All marks converted into grades will appear in the progress report of the student.
Part I: Scholastic Areas include two formative assessments and one summative assessment in each term.
- Formative Assessment (FA) will be on the basis of Weekly Assessments & Activities including Home Work, Class Work, MCQs, Quizzes, Lab Activities, Role plays, Presentations, Conversational Skills, Group Discussions, and Multidisciplinary Projects etc.
- Summative Assessment (SA) will be a formal examination at the end of each term for 75 marks.
|First Term||FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + SA1 (30%)||50%|
|Second Term||FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) + SA2 (30%)||50%|
|Formative Assessment||FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%)||40%|
|Summative Assessment||SA1 (30%) + SA2 (30%)||60%|
- Each assessment will be indicated in grades
- Students will be awarded grades on a 9 point scale as per the following scheme:
Part II: Co-Scholastic Areas include –
- Life Skills
- Attitudes and Values
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Health and Physical Education
|00 – 20||